28 September 2016

Beads galore


Before I start - there's a new rabbit on the block!! This one is from Shirley and here's the link so you can pay him (or her!) a visit.

One day when we were staying with Gloria in South Carolina another dear friend (Karen) made an appointment for us all to visit a bead shop. 

Well this was an unforgettable experience. When you think of shops (or stores as the Americans call them) you think of many shops in a mall or along the streets of a town. In this case it wasn't like that at all. The shop was right out in the sticks. I mean RIGHT out in the sticks. It was in a beautiful spot but we were all focussed on BEADS!!!

This is what I came out with around two hours later!!! While I was there I did spot something that may prove to be the inspiration for next year's TIAS. I'm not quite sure whether the callipers will prove useful or not but they were cheap and I thought they may well be a good thing to have when measuring larger beads.

5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I think you were pretty restrained! I'm sure you could've filled several suitcases with beads. I thought I had a lot of beads until I started looking at them with a crocheting eye. Hmm, I guess you never have beads the right size, shape, colour for the job in hand.

Maureen said...

I would say that you have been very restrained in your bead purchases! Will we all need to buy callipers for the TIAS? Having just bought the Brace Yourself book - which is beautiful! - I find that my thoughts are turning to beads other than seed beads - "one day"I may venture to one of the big emporiums to search for what is needed. Or maybe that should be Emporia.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I agree with Jane, you exhibited wonderful restraint! I can see where that caliper would come in handy.

victats@gmail.com said...

I have a plastic calliper and it works. Not as pretty as the metal ones but plastic doesn't hurt as much when you catch your finger!

God's Kid said...

I see plenty of fabulous things in your crafting future!!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.