8 January 2016

Patchwork finished.

Tomorrow will be Day 2 of the Tat It And See.  Links will be on this blog (top left of the day's post) and on the TIAS blog too.

Why oh why do I yearn to finish things and then (a) forget I've done them (b) immediately want to start a new and similar project?

I finished this project over the weekend and promptly forgot to tell you!!!

The top photo shows the finished piece before I put the border on. Then below is the totally finished cloth. The backing is the same fabric as the outer rose diamonds. It's now on Nick's table and he's dead chuffed with it. 

Now I've got to decide whether to start another patchwork or not. I fancy making some placemats using just the hexagons and the same sized ones as this cloth. It'll give plenty of scope to play with each mat as the pieces will be relatively small - unlike those in the large throw. Which reminds me - wonder where I put that too?


8 comments:

Maureen said...

It's a lovely piece and good to know that you're not going to shove this one into a drawer! - I'll be ready and waiting for Day 2

geraldine said...

WOW What a wonderful piece of hard work. Reminds me of a kids Kaleidoscope. Know wonder Nick is pleased with it.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I love the green border.

I haven't started Day 1 of the TIAS yet... I can't find my beads! I may have to get started without beads and hope for the best.

Jane Eborall said...

You won't need the beads for a long time yet, Diane, so don't panic!!!!

God's Kid said...

Looks great!!! :)
I see hearts in there(two hexagons with a diamond make a heart). :)

Jane McLellan said...

Wonderful! I really like that, and that it has been put to use.

Fox said...

I love this! : )

Bernice said...

Love that table cover. Well Done.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.