3 November 2015

Snowman

I've been thinking about upgrading this chap for a year or two. I HATE cutting and tying ends so have spent a while sorting him out so I've got rid of one lot of 'ends'.  Another improvement is a better hat and a new style of walking stick too.    Oh, he's also a bit longer too.  The original was a bit short and fat and I wasn't too happy about that.  Obviously either of them (old and 'improved') can be made longer anyway.

Here he is in all his 'new' glory with updated hat, walking stick, body length and scarf.


14 comments:

Pigmini said...

He's wonderful!! Very dapper in his new hat!!

Maureen said...

A very benign Frosty - he needs a pipe!

Madtatter80 said...

Ahh he is really cute!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Adorable! I love the hat and walking stick!

Jane Eborall said...

Hmmmmm, I try not to encourage smoking, Maureen!

God's Kid said...

Nice snowman!! :)

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Love this snowman! I have tatted him many times. I will have to tat this new updated version now. Thank you Jane!

Sandy said...

I'm going to try to make this cute snowman. I'm a fairly new tatter. On the 2nd part of the scarf, it says SR2: 6 / 6 CL AJ between SR2 & SR3. What does AJ mean? Is it some kind of a join? Thanks!

Jane Eborall said...

Well spotted, Sandy. I'm just going to add AJ to the abbreviations. It's an alligator join. Take one shuttle thread behind the space between the SR's and one in front. Here's a link for you. http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/AJoin.pdf

lej619 said...

Could one make the bottom outer rings(the body of the snowman). Smaller? To make him more round?

Jane Eborall said...

Probably. Try it and see!!! Let me know what happens!

Elizabeth said...

Love the updated snowman. I know what I will tat next.

Sandy said...

Very helpful. Thank you!

Batty Tatter said...

He's so cute. Thanks Jane.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.