11 April 2015

Well, well, well


For those who have wondered (thanks for your concern, Muskaan) why I've been quiet for a while - here's the reason in the picture below.

No, NOT because I've just been making butterflies but the reason for that is because I've been 'trapped' in children's playgrounds with two grandchildren!!! I take the butterflies to work on as they are easy to do and they eventually get stuck onto my business cards (only business I run is monkey business!!!). The kids went home on Thursday, sadly for me.

Each butterfly takes around 6 minutes to make so you can see I spent a bit of time in the playgrounds!!!!  

Yesterday I noticed that the same book I'm going to put on Ebay is up for sale here. The reason I'm putting this link here is because the seller has some more pictures of the colour plates on their listing. I really didn't want to open my copy too much as it may stress the spine.

6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Ah, my favourite. And I'm just about to embark on a butterfly tatting session for my food cover.

Maureen said...

That's your SCMR tiny butterfly! - one of my very favourite patterns. Let's see,17 butterflies divided by two grandchildren equals...... - well, "quite "a lot of park time!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Butterfly tatting seems the perfect solution to me! I wonder why I didn't think of it with Sophia around? I saw that listing, and I almost purchased it on the spot. However, I must pay bills first. Why do they come around so often?

muskaan said...

Perfect choice to tat -- as playful grandkids flit around the park, so do your butterflies :-D
Thanks for the link .... will check out the pics

Martha said...

I'm glad to hear that's why you were quiet. I saw that listing too. Your ebay link didn't work for me, but since Diane saw it, maybe it's some oddity of my computer. Here's another link in case any one else has the same problem. Assuming that my link will work...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351368094837?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

God's Kid said...

Great butterflies!! :) Looks like spring fun on the playground!! :)

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.