27 September 2014

Brooch finished


So after the day before yesterday's failure I tried another attempt at covering the pin and this time I was satisfied. 

If you look closely at the first picture you'll see that I covered the pin with some tatting at both ends so the only part that shows is the head of the safety pin. Now some people may find that annoying but I think the baubles will attract the attention away from that. Anyway I can live with it as it is!  I'm easily pleased!

I put the pin on some denim to show up how it'll look on the coat and then took it to Tat Days to show off!!!! 

 Before I put it in it's travelling box I sprayed the brooch with Scotch Guard so it won't pick up dirt.  This is a trick I sometimes use with earrings too so they don't get the oil off off my scrawny old neck!!


5 comments:

Blissful Bébés said...

very sweet!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Very colorful and clever baubles! I also like the coil-less pin and the tip about Scotch Guard!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful bauble brooch!

Tally Tatty said...

I see,.... you made those baubles to chat up the Houtz brothers! How clever!!
Great cover on that safety pin, thanks for the 2 very usefull tips!

Jane Eborall said...

Well, Tally Tatty, you've found out what I'm doing!!!! I ADORE the Houtz brothers and have met both of them. If only they weren't happily married and I was a lot younger. Old people like me can dream, eh?

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.