28 March 2014

So, I can if Toucan!!!


Well, finally he's done and up on the web site here.

He certainly looks a lot better in 'proper' colours!!! When researching toucans I found so many colour combinations for the beak it was amazing. Also some have a black piece on the beak too but hey, I'm not a perfectionist and thought adding a bit of black was pushing things a bit too far on a small tat like this!!!!  Personally I prefer the second one with the darker coloured beak.

One thing I've learned through doing this guy is that it's almost harder to alter a pattern you've done previously as it is to start from scratch!!!

Now, what shall I do next - OR what am I already working on.  More another day!!


12 comments:

Maureen said...

"Tell me who can catch a Toucan - You can...."

you've caught him perfectly in thread. I like his beak.

Jane McLellan said...

Wow!

Pigmini said...

Where's the Red One gone??? is he extinct now??? LOL

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Excellent Jane! He's awesome!

Valerie said...

what handsome birds! congrats on another winning pattern, jane!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Just amazing! Perfect!

God's Kid said...

Those look wonderful!!! :)

Sally Kerson said...

He is great and reminds me of the Hornbills we saw in Malaysia. Another one for the zoo!

Marty said...

That is one great looking toucan! I like the beak -- I thought I liked the really dense one, but this one is just perfect.

Batty Tatter said...

Very pretty and well orchestrated.

Tally Tatty said...

I like your Toucan's proud pose

Grace Tyler said...

I've been watching your progress on this pattern. Great result! Marty is right--perfect!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.