1 March 2014

Playing with SCMR's

This is yet another motif from the Houtz book. I love this one and had to make it, of course. 


The technique itself is pretty easy once you know the SCMR but I did have to keep track of what I was doing!!! Strained BC3 at times keeping him focussed on which part was to be worked next which wasn't helped by numerous interruptions!!!! 

Also being ambitious I added beads too and joined the top and middle layer!!! The bottom layer is also joined behind the other two just to help it lie a bit better while I was working it.

Just a reminder of where you can get this new book from as this MAY be my last report on it. Doubt I'll put it away anytime soon as I want to play more with the bobbles and make myself some earrings!!! There are some great ideas in there for those too.





6 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Interesting effect!

Tally Tatty said...

This is a good exercice to practice SCMR. Could this be tatted with simple rings as well?

Jane Eborall said...

Tally Tatty, I doubt it. It's not hard if you know the SCMR and the instructions for the single layered SCMR are good.

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I love the layered effect and the colors!

muskaan said...

Great layering !!! Was this done all in one pass? Or did you do first the blue, then red, then pink? The threads seem pretty intertwined & complicated around the central edge.
So many new applications to 'normal' techniques!

Jane Eborall said...

All in one pass, muskaan!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.