5 March 2014

Just when you thought!!!!


It was safe to read my blog again after the bobble/bauble 'phase' it returns!!! 

I decided to make myself some earwigs!!! So, here is a simple bobble with a finding on to make into a pair. BUT I'm not happy with it!!!! Yes, it's an 'it' and not a 'them'!!! 

LOVE the thread which is just right but not sure I really like the shape. Still it kept me out of trouble for an hour or two while I made it. 

I'll admit to you - but keep it a secret, please. This form of tatting has become an addiction!!! Hopefully less harmful to my body than my usual addictions (chocolate and gin - but not together). 

I WILL get a pair of earwigs done this way but not sure how or when!!!!

Before I toddle off to do whatever I can to avoid doing anything other than something tatting related, I must tell you that I met up with another tatter yesterday in town. I had a great time with Bev and her DH from Australia. I took them on an 'alternative' tour of town!!!! Alternative? Well it has to be a bit different as I don't know much about the local bard having lived here all my life!!!!




10 comments:

Maureen said...

It's the most amazing earring I have ever seen - it looks alive!

God's Kid said...

Interesting!! :)

Crazy Mom! said...

It looks like a squid - OR - a hermit crab with a shell!

Martha said...

Very interesting to see multicolored thread in a bobble. I don't think I've seen that before. I admit first I saw a squid, and then a space alien, the kind that floats in the air. You just need some googly eyes for it.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, folks. As an earring base it's wonderful because bobbles will always keep their shape unless you sit on them, of course. Using variegated threads is good too as the changes in colours seem to meld together. I'm definitely going to play more with them!!!! Like the idea of a squid or hermit crab too, CrazyMomTats!!! You have the best ideas!

Pigmini said...

Not fair!! You know I can't resist earwigs!! :-)

Unknown said...

The colors remind me of a Mexican party. Do you stuff it with a little cotton to make it full?

Unknown said...

The colors remind me of a Mexican party, I love the colors . Do you stuff it with some cotton ?

Jane Eborall said...

No, Denise. That's the wonderful thing about bobbling - they're so very firm due to the way they're worked that they don't need stuffing with anything. I wouldn't recommend sitting on them, though!!!!!

Tally Tatty said...

These baubles look interesting,and have a great potential for 3-D designing, but I am not ready to try them. The tecnique looks quite complicated. I'll need a holiday first.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.