7 March 2014

Another go at bobbling!


So you all know me too, too well. I can never leave things alone and I love trying new things out. 

This potential earring (which like the last one didn't pass the OG test!) had to have beads in as I can't live long without beads in my work!!!  I've put beads on the rib threads as Gary and Randy did for the critter's eyes. 

I also used slightly longer rib threads and switched to them to throw off four rings. 

The failure of these rings to stay in the position I wanted them to proves to me that if I want to do them again in the future I'll have to 'anchor' them somehow back into the main body of the bauble. An interesting concept which I will look into sometime.


11 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks good :). It reminds me of a squid :).

Maureen said...

No - it's Dalek on a Diet.......

Batty Tatter said...

I think they look like fishing lures. Careful you don't wear them near the lake, you might catch a trout. he he.

Pigmini said...

It's a Very Fat seahorse!!

Tally Tatty said...

Jane, watch out!! These are sex-repellent ear rings!!

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Batty Tatter - I AM an old trout!!!
Tat's funny, Pigmini.
Wow, Tally Tatty - must make myself more!!!!! OR is that what I've been doing wrong all my life - wearing sex-repellent earrings?!?!?!

lej619 said...

my thought was a fish also! haha

lej619 said...

oh might you tech this at "tat days"?

GraceT said...

Hehe! I like those rings sticking out, actually. Maybe you can make a whole skirt out of them, like a tutu...

Jane Eborall said...

OR, lej619 may be one of the Houtz brothers themselves could teach it at Tat Days!!!! There's an amazing thought.

Crazy Mom! said...

You know, if you turn these sideways, they look like some sort of weird fish!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.