10 March 2014

Another alteration and another variation!



On Saturday I was sitting here with nothing particular that I had to do and thought it was about time I played with the 'look' of the blog!!!  I know it must drive you all mad but I do like 'fiddling around' with stuff.  It's the only way I learn!!!  

If you decide to do it at any point I thoroughly recommend downloading the blog first so that if anything goes wrong you've got a backup and can start all over again!!!!!  I do it as I know what I'm like - I never read about how to do stuff - I just plunge straight in!!!

Anyway, I hope you like it.  I do like a clear font (verdana is so internet friendly) and a 'non white' glaring background.  There are a few blogs that I'd love to read but can't as their backgrounds are too dark or the font too 'fancy' for my poor old eyes/brain!!!!  I also have trouble (don't know why) when reading centred text too.  Perhaps I should give up now and stop reading blogs but what would I do instead???!!!!

Back to bobbles/baubles.  On this experiment I added a flower at the top. In fact it's just four rings which I then 'dropped' the shuttles through and the finding before adding the ribs. 

I also did a sort of 'skirt' of picots at the widest point and then when I finished I used the six threads through the beads in pairs.

Whilst all this experimentation is going on dear old BC3 is learning all sorts of things about bobbles!!



12 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I do like your new look. Your bauble is still looking like something from under the sea or from outer space!

Pigmini said...

Loves the colours.... and I don't just mean those earwigs!!! LOL

Maureen said...

It's wearing a skirt! - you have a real bobble family happening.......

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I really like the new look of your blog! It's very easy on my old eyes. It's great fun seeing your baubles, something I'm sure the kids at school would enjoy trying. I'll be sure to show them what you've been working on!

Frivole said...

My vote too for the new look blog! Easy on the eyes. Weird and wonderful looking your baubles are! :-)

Fox said...

Nice clean look, Jane!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, folks. Glad it's easier on your eyes too. I MAY lighten the page a little bit but only when I'm next 'in the mood'. All the changes were very easy to use using the template.

Unknown said...

Love the new look! My eyes also say thank you, very classy

GraceT said...

I like the new look for the blog. The quieter background is a good foil to your colourful creations! I like that tutu skirt... ;-)

Valerie said...

Jane, I am one to plunge straight in to fiddling around with stuff too! No manuals for me. The colours of the page are easy on the eye but so not Jane. The colours are just not you!

Corina said...

I like it!

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, GraceT, are you saying that I'm not quiet? That's a HUGE compliment. Thanks!!!! LOL.
Val - I think you're saying the same thing!!! Again - another thank you!!!!
Helene - that's one thing I've never been. Classy. Maybe this is the start of a new phase in my life!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.