25 January 2014

Ros's birthday pressie


Now today I've got a funny thing to tell you.  Well, two, actually.

My friend Ros has a birthday just after Christmas and the first funny thing to tell you is that she loves my tatting.  She's a pleasure to make things for as she likes it loads.  Admittedly I usually make her jewellery and she always gets one of my Christmas designs too.  She gets 'just because' presents mainly, though.

Anyway, just before Christmas she needed help with re-hanging her curtains so I wandered up to her place and fixed them for her.  I decided that I'd make her a runner for her windowsill so tatted the set of motifs below to match her colour scheme.

Well, I couldn't see her on her birthday so took up the present the day before and told her not to open it.  Next day she rang to say thank you and I asked her what she'd done with it.  Second funny - she said she'd put it on her windowsill!!!!  Well we must be able to read each other's minds!!  In case you wonder - this is the motif.


12 comments:

Jenn said...

That is gorgeous!!!

Pigmini said...

I love the Fandango Mat as well.... have done the 'inner' and am doing 'both' to make a cloth for our coffee table.... multicoloured to use up 'ends' LOL Bet she was pleased as punch!!

Carolyn Kotlas said...

I love this!

God's Kid said...

Very wonderful!!! :)

Isa said...

Wonderull! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Great gift!

Ninetta said...

that's lovely!

Wendy said...

Lovely, very clever colouring !

Ladytats said...

Very nice. Great minds think alike obviously.

Tally Tatty said...

What a lucky lady she is!!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Wow Jane...is there a pattern for this. I really like it. Wow...

Jane Eborall said...

Sherry it's been on my site a while now. Here's the link http://janeeborall.freeservers.com/MotifFandangoCoaster.pdf

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.