4 January 2014

Progress - part 2


So this time I decided to ditch the ring in the centre idea and try something else - a naked centre.  

This proved to be another horrid start but a few ideas were slowly developing as you can see.  When I got to this stage I started thinking along the lines of swirling and twirling this motif but I wasn't not sure - yet!!! 

You can see on this version that I've given some thought to the placement of some rings at the end of the block tatting on that row.  They weren't there before.  I'd also started a 'possible' second round too but time will tell if that will actually 'happen'!!!  

As I said in yesterday's post - the completed pattern is done but I thought you'd like to see some of the doodlings  I did to get it there.

7 comments:

Rhonda L. said...

This is looking very beautiful. I don't think I could ever design anything as beautiful as the things you come up with.

linb54 said...

this one seems to flow better. like the variegated as you can see the different rows of block tatting clearer.

Jane McLellan said...

Yes, I do like to see how you got there! Looking very interesting.

Jane said...

That is amazing, I love it. Can't wait for a pattern to try this one out. I learned to tat because I knew my grandma did, but never saw her do it.

Phyllis said...

Like the twirl effect. Varigated thread looks nice on the block work.

Martha said...

That's a big jump between day 1 and day 2. Fascinating to see inspiration taking hold and taking the design in a new direction.

Jane Eborall said...

Oh, Martha, the pattern was sorted a few weeks ago and I'm just blogging the bits I've found to show how it progressed (or not)!!!!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.